11:03 AM

I love this Poem



I love this poem...and it's so true :)




Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.




In Christ,

Katie

5 comments:

~Amy Thomson~ said...

Wow Katie!! I've read it before, but it was soooo good to read it again! Wow! Gos is sooo good to us all! My heart can't begin to describe how much I love an appreciate HIM!

Thanks for posting it Katie! Mind if I put it on my blog? I've never thought of putting it on, but now I want to! :)

Love, Amz

Katie Wegner said...

Feel free to put it on your blog Amz :) . I just thought that it gives you a good look at how much God loves you :)

Jessica said...

Hi,
I just came across your blog. :) I love this poem. I remember the first time I read it it had such a huge impact on me and I never forget it. I never got bored of this poem, it's always good to remember God's tremendous love!!
Thanks for posting. And you have a very nice blog.
In Christ,
Jessica =)

Katie Wegner said...

I'm glad you like my blog Jessica!
I visited you blog, I used to have that wallpaper :) . I Loved it :) . I like you blog too!

In Christ,
Katie

Jessica said...

Hi again,
I've awarded you at my blog
http://jessicaishis.blogspot.com

God bless!
~ Jessica